Preparing for your hospital stay
Your CAR T-cell therapy involves a stay in hospital for approximately 2 weeks. To help feel more comfortable and relaxed, it’s a good idea to plan ahead. The following animation and checklist below can help you make sure you’ve got everything you need before your stay.
- Before you arrive Talk to your healthcare team about whether you need to remove body piercings, jewellery or nail varnish before your stay.
- Clothing Pack a bag with a sufficient amount of clothing for the duration of your stay. Plan to wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing, with extra layers in case you get cold. You should also bring night clothes such as pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers.
- Toiletries Pack necessary toiletries, such as toothbrush, soap, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner. It’s better to leave scented toiletries, such as aftershave or perfume, at home.
- Medication Ensure you have sufficient amounts of medication for the duration of your stay. Make sure your healthcare team are aware of the medication you’re taking.
- Personal items Pack items that will help make you feel more relaxed or keep you entertained, such as books, games and electronic devices. Check with your healthcare team if there are any electronic devices they don’t allow at the treatment centre.
The hospital website, where the treatment centre is located, may provide more information on what to bring, as well as travel information and visiting times. Find your hospital website here.Next Step